Monday, September 15, 2008

flower






I had a birthday almost a week ago and I became 31. Thus far, I have never hidden my age. But this year is a bit different. Only one year made a big difference although I have no idea about the reason. The birthday of 31 is just bigger than every birthday before. The day made me wonder what my life is, what I want to do not only just now but also throughout whole my life, and what my goal is in the long run. I do not think I have one obvious answer, but all of sudden I started to ask myself about these questions.
Also, there was another big event on the birthday. I have almost never been given flowers for my birthday before. But at 9:30 on the morning of my birthday, the postman came and delivered a big basket of flowers. It was from one best friend. I was astonished to see it because I remembered that she had a big exam on the day and I guessed that she was too busy to remember my birthday. I appreciated it, and I was almost crying then.
In addition, I had a coincidence. One day before, I met two close friends and they celebrated my birthday at a restaurant. They gave me a set of preserved flowers. As I said, I had never been given flower for my birthday, I was also surprised then as well.
Back to the flower basket, I was also surprised at the coincidence. Different best friends gave me two different flowers for my birthday. I wondered what it meant. Did I forget flowers in my life these days? My mental situation was lack of flower? Maybe, yes. I need to keep flowers in my mind all the time even though I have a tough time.
Every experience gives me a lesson. The gifts from my friends are beyond the object of flowers to me. They taught me an important thing. I cannot forget the gorgeous flower in my mind. I am one of the luckiest person in the world to have great friends.

3 comments:

ito747 said...

お花とても綺麗ですね!!

なかなかお花のプレゼントもない毎日です。

bestwishes.ryoko said...

Ito-san, thanks for your comment! I almost forget the importance of the flower due to unexciting or busy life. But sometimes flowers can make me realize how important the beauty of the life is. We must not forget to keep some flower in our mind all the time;)

cool linguists said...

Ryoko-san,
you are amazing, that is why your friends love you a lot.
Please remember that I always send you flowers. every day.