Thursday, July 10, 2008

from Ecuador


I almost always kept spending time by myself after I came back to Japan and almost feel depressed for some reason. I guess I miss the US life too much. Also, I kept feeling terribly sleepy for a week. I do not know the reason, but I am sure that it is not because of the jet lag anymore. I slept approximately 10 hours every day. Considering that I slept only 3-4 hours every day when I was in the US, it is amazing... Now I am like making up with the lack of sleep those days. But I feel even there is something wrong with my body...


But yesterday, I did not become sleepy in the daytime! I went out for drink with my old friends. It has been a long time since I went out for drink before. Since I was not in the mood before to attend those kinds of gethering of old friends, I kinda refrained from joining those events. But for the first time after I came back home for good I attended the gethering.


The place we went to was a local Japanese style bar. Once I went into the bar, the strong smell hung around, which may have been smoke of grill and cigarette. It may sound strange but the smell was kinda comfortable then although I do not usually like the smell of cigarette. It reminded me that I came back to Japan.


It was kinda welcoming party for a friend who came back from Ecuador temporarily for business trip. Amazingly, now he lives in a place that is 3000m hight. He has only lived there for four months, but he can speak Spanish now. For me, his life there sounded amazing... If I were him, I do not think I can master the language only for four months and I cannot adjust myself to the totally different culture so soon. When I went to the US, it took me almost a year to make myself feel comfortable to live there. Also, it was fun to talk with old friends. I talked a lot...I laughed a lot...


The banana chips a friend gave us as souvenir from Ecuador was so unique. It is not sweet but salty. And as you can see in the picture, banana's color is green and its size is bigger than regular bananas. I felt like it is similar to the vegitable chips. But anyway, it was so tasty and I like it very much.


Now I realized that I need to go out to communicate with people in order to re-adjust myself to Japanese life. It may take more time but there is no other way...


4 comments:

ito747 said...

長い滞在ですから、なかなかジェットラグは取れないでしょうね、お元気で。

cool linguists said...

hang in there, Ryoko-san,
you are so lovable that many people love you.
It will be easy to adjust yourself

bestwishes.ryoko said...

Ito san, thanks for visiting my new blog and your comment. I guess it was not because of jetlag. But it may be true that it took me time to recover from the jetlag this time... Probably because I am getting older and older, unfortunately...

bestwishes.ryoko said...

Nelly, thaks for your comment. As I already told you, your words always cheer me up;) thanks for your friendship. I will let you know when I can get a new job.