Sunday, July 6, 2008

Kamakura










This weekend, my hubby's close senior friend and his girl friend visited our condo and we all went to Kamakura together. Since our friend is from Fukuoka, the southern part of Japan, it was the first time for him to visit Kamakura. I have lived very close to Kamakura for a long time, so it was amazing to hear that. But Kamakura is a very nice old city. Everytime I visit there, I find something new and interesting. I love Kamakura a lot.
We just went to Enkaku-ji (Enkaku temple). There were so many hydrangea flowers blooming. As it was a little bit foggy and cloudy, we could not see the nice view but it has certain nice atmosphere of itself.

The next day was the Star Festival in Japan(July, 7th). There was a special ema (a votive picture tablet) available and also some events were held. It is nice even for Japanese people to touch the real traditional Japanese culture. I decided to visit there more often than before.

2 comments:

Asami said...

I really envy you!! Everytime I visit Kamakura, I'm fascinated by the scenic beauties of the spot and I rediscover the appealing Japanese culture. I will come and see you there soon!

July 7, 2008 6:00 AM

bestwishes.ryoko said...

To Asami, thanks for your first comment. I look forward to attending Zazen again in Kamakura;)