Sunday, July 6, 2008

krupuk lover


After I ate this snack in the US for the first time, this became my favorite snack. There are three flavors available at the Asian store where I used to go when I was in the US: onion (garlic), fish, and shrimp. My favorite is onion because it tastes nicest as well as it is cheapest:) When I left Athens for good, I bought three packages of onion flovor. (I am not sure if three is enough... probably not...)

These days, I feel kinda reversed homesick. I am really missing my friends in Athens and the fun days there. Of course it is nice to live with my family and visit my beautiful nieces. But it is different. It is too sad to have a big change all of sudden. That is why, I decided to fry Krupuk yesterday because the snack reminds me of the nice Indonesian friends and the life in the US.


It is not difficult to fry them. Just put them into the oil one by one, shake it, and make it flat if possible. Gradually, I became more skillful to fry them nicely. But now it is rainy season in Japan. Since I left them for a while in the kitchen, they absorbed moisture and became soft... but still tasty. My hubby and I enjoyed them and finished them very soon.
If any of you know the place in Japan those kinds of Asian snack are available, please let me know.

No comments: